The application for the 2022-2023 school year is now open and posted in English and Spanish below.
This is for anyone not currently enrolled at RLC, Current VPK Students, AND for current 5th graders interested in the middle school program.
Please read the entire policy prior to filling out an application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school at 352-385-4399.
If you desire a seat at Round Lake Charter, you must complete and submit the application.
If seats are available at your desired grade level, you will be notified.
If no seats are available, you will be notified and placed on a waiting list for the appropriate grade level.
- Q: When will I find out if my child has been accepted? A: You will receive a phone call sometime after the application window closes if your child has been accepted. Calls may continue during the summer if spots become available.
- Q: If my child already attends Round Lake Charter, do I need to complete an online application? A: If you child is going into 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade, you DO NOT need to complete an online application but WILL need to complete an Intent to Return form that will go home with your child sometime in January or February.
- Q: Do I need to complete an application for my current Round Lake 5th grader hoping to attend Round Lake for middle school? A: YES. Even if your child attends Round Lake for elementary school, you MUST complete an online application before the deadline (3:00 pm) to have your child entered in the lottery process for the 2022-2022 school year. If your child attends Round Lake currently for 6th or 7th grade, you will just complete an Intent to Return Form that will be given to your child sometime in January or February.
- Q: Do I fill out this application for my child interested in attending VPK at Round Lake? A: You will complete DIFFERENT application for VPK which is posted BELOW.
VPK Application LOTTERY Process
VPK will now be a lottery for the 2022-2023 school year. The application will open Monday, January 10th and close on Friday, January 28th. During the week of January 31st, we will begin calling the selected applicants. At that time, you will have 48 hours to bring all of the required documents to the school to secure your child's seat. Please see the requirements for enrollment below. Your enrollment packet will NOT be accepted unless it is COMPLETE with all of the required materials. You should apply for a voucher at the Early Learning Coalition (see below) BEFORE January 28th so you are prepared with the voucher if your child is selected the week of January 31st. If your child is not initially selected in the lottery, he/she will be added to a waitlist and you will receive a phone call if additional seats become available. Please be advised that you are required to wear a face covering when on RLC's campus.
- VPK Voucher - obtained at: ELCLC.ORG - 352-435-0566
- Proof of Residence- copy of current electric bill, cable bill, telephone or mortgage/lease
- Physical (no more than 1 year old as of 8/10/22)
- Immunization Records
- Birth Certificate
- $85.00 registration fee - Check or money order made out to Round Lake Charter
ONLY COMPLETE ENROLLMENT PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED DURING THE 48 HOUR WINDOW IF SELECTED
Program runs from August to May and school hours are 8:15-2:55 M, T, Th, F and 8:15-1:55 on W. $85.00 each week for the afternoon enrichment program.