SPLASH! is open to 3rd to 5th grade students, and while no experience is necessary, the group will require an audition. SPLASH! will perform throughout the school and community often on marching percussion instruments. These performances will be announced through the year as they become available, and students will be expected to perform! There are only 25 spots available, so the requirements to perform with the group will be strict. They include, but are not limited to:
- The ability to learn/perform the music you are given in a timely fashion.
- The ability to carry a marching drum for long periods of time, such as during parades. (Each drum weight between 9-15 lbs. depending on the drum.)
- Reliable parent/guardian involvement, which includes transporting their student & instrument to and from performances and chaperoning performances if possible.
- Committing to attend all scheduled performances!
SPLASH! rehearses on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:45 - 8:15.
2022-2023 Rehearsals/Auditions will begin on AUGUST 30TH.
he audition process:
The "audition" process will not be a traditional one-on-one audition on prepared music. Instead, through the course of the first few rehearsals as we practice together, I am going to select the top 25 students to be part of the drumline. I will basically be looking for two things: a student’s ability to learn the music quickly, and their physical ability to carry the marching drum, (as the drums weigh approximately 10-13 pounds each, and will be worn for extended periods of time during performances such as parades.) I hope this help to clarify the process that will be used to select students to be part of the ensemble.
To join SPLASH!:
1. Download and review the Orff & Splash Handbook below and review the ensemble rules, regulations and responsibilities with your student.
2. Review the information regarding audition process for the ensemble
3. Register your student for the ensemble by using the online sign-up link below. Registration will close on August 26th at midnight!